Our day started out great . . . we went to a new orphanage and gave them support money, toothbrushes/toothpaste (thank you Mike Jones!), the soccer balls signed by the kids and mosquito nets. They were so grateful. I had fun talking with the kids and the director - we all walked through the orphanage and saw the dorms and also the school. They are teaching the kids many practical skills to enable them to support themselves. The AIDS CRISIS is still critical in spite of efforts by many organizations to educate the public. Sexual promiscuity is rampant in the culture, including the church. The only hope for AIDS relief are changed hearts - when you see situations like this in Africa you really REALIZE the gospel is the ONLY answer for humanities problems. No amount of education, litigation, socialization will solve the problems of mankind.
After lunch we went to a church in town to water baptize 6 people. Peter asked our team to do it and our first arrangement was that I go ahead and baptize them. So we arrived, I got changed and came out and saw the green mirky water. I was ready to baptize regardless. Stacey said he felt he should do it so I didn't have to. I didn't change my mind. He persisted and said he felt this is what He should do. I was so amazed at his heart and desire to serve his pastor in this situaion, so I agreed and Stacey insisted I do all the words, questions etc and then he will baptized.
Two Albinos were water baptized. In Tanzania Albinos are hunted and killed which has been a huge cultural problem. There have been 25 killings since March according to the BBC. They are targeted for body parts that are used in witchcraft. Now the tide by the Tanzanian Gov't has turned to protect them but their situation is still precarious. To know this and see them baptized was really touching. And to see Stacey do the baptisms out of such a servant heart towards me was moving to me beyond words.
The conference sessions today were just amazing. You could see the benefit of Dothan Vineyard's prayer ministry - the meetings built momentum and today the anointing and presence of God was so powerful. It was a great ending to 3 days of conference.
Tonight Peter Msigwa is inviting us to his home for dinner and then we pack, sleep and leave 7:30am Sunday for Dar. The drive is long and tedious - we then visit with some Vineyard friends in Dar and fly to South Africa Monday morning. If you don't hear from me for a couple of days, you will know its because of being in transit.
Thank you for your prayer support, we are seeing fruit for our labors. Thank you for your investment in the Kingdom of God. Dothan Vineyard continues to have an influence in the world greater than it size! I love my church!
Praise God for your faithfulness. I continue in prayer for all of you as you travel and look forward to your reports.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless.
Barb S